Tuesday 31 August 2021

Unexpected Kindness

 

31 August 2021

 

My neighbour was emptying her boot load of groceries as I passed by on my daily walk. I waved to say Hi (facemasks hide the smiley greeting I’d usually give) and noticed she looked upset.

Stopping at the top of her driveway she assured they were happy tears, a random stranger had left an envelope under her windscreen while she was grocery shopping containing money for a coffee with a note encouraging her to ‘stay strong, you got this’.

On a day of rising COVID 19 cases, and no end in sight to this current lockdown, not only did this random act of kindness make her day, it made mine too …

Jo

“Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” 

    -       Bob Kerrey

No comments:

Post a Comment